In order to regulate the procedures for manufacture licensing of boiler and pressure vessel, these procedures are especially stipulated according to the related rules in the Supervision Administration Regulation for Manufacture of Boiler and Pressure Vessel (hereinafter referred as Administration Regulation).
The procedures for manufacture licensing of boiler, pressure vessel refer to the procedures of application, acceptance, survey, approval and issuance of manufacture license of boilers, pressure vessels and safety accessories as well as the renewal procedure for license beyond the expiration of term of validity.
The Manufacture Licensing Office of Special Equipment Safety Supervision Department under General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the Peoples Republic of China (AQSIQ) is responsible for handling the daily affair on manufacture licensing.
Submission of Application
1. The domestic manufacturer, which applies for manufacture licensing of boiler with level A, B or C, or of pressure vessel with level A, B or C, and of safety accessories, such as, safety valve, rupture disc, gas cylinder valve etc., should submit an application to the Safety Supervision Department under AQSIQ. The application documents should firstly be reviewed and commented by Provincial Safety Supervision Department under Provincial Quality and Technical Supervision Bureau (hereinafter referred to as Provincial Safety Supervision Department).
2. The domestic manufacturer, which applies for manufacture licensing of level D boiler or level D pressure vessel, should submit the application to the Provincial Quality Supervision Department where the manufacturer located.
3. The manufacturer outside China, which applies for manufacture licensing of boilers, pressure vessels or their safety accessories (safety valve, rupture discs, gas cylinder valves, etc) should submit the application to the Safety Supervision Department directly under AQSIQ.
The applicant should submit the following application documents in Chinese or in English. The Chinese or English translation of them shall be attached when original documents are in other languages.
1. Fill in application form for special equipment manufacture licensing in triple
2. Introduction on the manufacturer (background and manufacture capacity).
3. Copy of the document or business license, which is registered at the local government according to the laws
4. Copies of qualified license or certificates that the manufacturer has obtained
5. Typical products and their related parameters and specifications
6. Drawing and design document (applicable only for the products that are required type test. See Article 14 )
7. Quality manual of manufacturer
The Safety Supervision Department in charge of handling the application will decide whether an application is acceptable within 15 working days after examining the application documents from the manufacturer.
For the manufacturers, whose application is acceptable, the Safety Supervision Department will endorse on the application form and return one copy of the application form to the manufacturer.
For the acceptable application of domestic manufacturer, the Safety Supervision Department will inform the related Provincial Safety Supervision Department via letter.
For the manufacturers, whose application is unacceptable, the Safety Supervision Department will affix a comment of non-acceptance and state the reason of non-acceptance on the application form, then return one copy of the application form to the manufacturer.
The manufacturer, whose application has been accepted, should trial-produce the typical product (or pressure parts) with relevant level for manufacture licensing survey and type testing (applicable only for the products which are required to do type testing). The trial-produced product shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Requirements for Boiler and Pressure Vessel Manufacture Licensing (hereinafter referred to as Licensing Requirements)
Survey and Assessment
After completing the trail-produced product, the manufacturer should ask and contract the Survey and Assessment Agency for on-site survey. The survey and assessment shall be done within the contracted time period.
The Survey and Assessment Agency shall draft a survey plan in accordance with related requirements of survey and assessment, organize survey team and inform the applicant of the survey schedule at least one week before survey.
The survey team shall conduct manufacture survey and product inspection in accordance with the Licensing Requirements, which mainly include:
1. Confirm the conditions of manufacture site and manufacturing and processing equipment, inspection and testing devices and staff
2. Review the quality manual and related documents
4. Check the relevant technical document
5. Examine and test the trial products
The products, which are required type test, such as, gas cylinders, safety valves, bursting disks and valves for gas cylinder, should complete the following examinations before the manufacturer survey:
1. Review the related design documents and drawings
2. Random sampling test products on the site, conduct type test by a type test agency and the test result should be in accordance with the relevant standard.
The survey team should complete a written survey report based on the survey results. The conclusion in survey report shall be classified as "accord with the requirements", "need to rectify" and "disaccord with the requirements".
The survey team shall notice the manufacturer in writing if the survey conclusion is "need to rectify" or "disaccord with the requirements".
The manufacturer, whose survey conclusion is "need to rectify", shall complete the required rectification with 6 months, and submit its rectification report in writing to the survey team leader. The survey team shall change the conclusion to "accord with the licensing requirements" if the licensing requirement has satisfied after check and validation of the rectification report. If the manufacturer fails to complete the required rectification within 6 months or fails to meet the licensing requirements after rectification, the survey conclusion shall be changed to "disaccord with the licensing requirements".
The Survey and Assessment Agency shall complete a survey and assessment report in writing based on the survey report of survey team and report Safety Supervision Department of License-issue Authorities.
Approval, Issuance and Renewal of Manufacture License
The Safety Supervision Department of License-issue Authorities shall review and approve the survey-and-assessment report and endorse a comment for the conclusion of verified.
The Safety Supervision Department shall report the License-issue Authorities to approve and issue Manufacture License to the manufacturer whose verified conclusion is "accord with the requirements". The Safety Supervision Department shall notice of the conclusion of "not granting manufacture license" to the manufacturer, whose survey conclusion is "disaccord with the licensing requirements", after having reported to license-issue Authorities.
The Manufacture License is valid within four years beginning from the date of issuance. The license holder should apply for license renewal in writing to the Safety Supervision Department directly under AQSIQ or Provincial Quality and Technical Supervision Bureau six months ahead of the expiry of its Manufacture License, if the license holder wants to maintain continuously a valid Manufacture License after expiration.
The Manufacture License will automatically become invalid when beyond the expiration of term of its validity if the license holder has not made any renewal application and the original license holder will be regarded as giving up the license automatically.
The procedure of application, acceptance, survey and assessment, approval and issuance of license renewal accords with the regulations from Chapter 2 to Chapter 5.
The product required to conduct type testing can be exempted from the type testing if there are no changes on applicable standards, material, structure and operational conditions of the product during license renewal.
The Safety Supervision Department shall notice of the conclusion of "not granting the manufacture license" to the manufacturer, whose verified conclusion is "disaccord with the requirements", after having reported to license-issue Authorities.
The manufacturer, which has failed to pass the licensing renewal, is allowed to make any other application for a lower level manufacture license.
Cancellation, Suspension and Withdrawal of Manufacture License
If the manufacturer will no longer produce boiler and pressure vessel because of bankruptcy or changing production, it should return the manufacture license to the License-issue Authorities and go through the formalities of cancellation.
If the License-issue Authorities is going to order the license holder to make corrections in accordance with the Administration Regulation, it should inform the manufacturer in writing and specify the non-conformities to be corrected and the deadline of correction.
If the License-issue Authorities is going to suspend the license in accordance with the Administration Regulation it should inform the manufacturer in writing, specifying the reason of suspension, the time limit for suspension and the requirements for its correction.
If the License-issue Authorities is going to withdraw the license, it should inform the manufacturer in writing, specifying the reason for withdrawal. The manufacturer should return the Manufacture License to the License-issue Authorities.
The AQSIQ is responsible for the interpretation of these procedures.
These Procedures shall be effective as of January 1, 2004.